Positive Affirmations: The Perfect Way To Practice Self Love
Affirmations have become a hot topic these days and for good reason. Daily affirmations are a great way to practice self love and bring positive thoughts to the forefront of your mind.
The habit of repeating daily affirmations will remind you of the wonderful things you have in your life and will also help you reprogram your thoughts to push any negative thinking out of the way.
Are you ready to bring a little more positivity and self love to your day? Well, let’s begin…
So, what exactly is self love?
Many of us are so focused on everyone else in our lives – our kids, our spouses, our parents, our friends… coworkers… neighbours. The list goes on. So we need to understand that self love is needed to give ourselves balance.
“Self-love is not simply a state of feeling good. It is a state of appreciation for oneself that grows from actions that support our physical, psychological and spiritual growth”. (Khoshaba)
Self love is apprecating your positive qualities in life and reminding yourself of them.
The Benefits of Positive, Daily Affirmations
Psychology Today has a great definition of why people use affirmations…
“…affirmations are used to reprogram the subconscious mind, to encourage us to believe certain things about ourselves or about the world and our place within it.
They are also used to help us create the reality we want—often in terms of making (or attracting) wealth, love, beauty, and happiness.”
How To Use Daily Self Love Affirmations Effectively
There are a few ways to make the most of your daily affirmations. Here are some great examples.
1. Create time in your daily schedule for your affirmations
I highly recommend adding daily self love affirmations to your morning routine or bedtime routine. It’s a great way to focus on building your self esteem as well.
- Get out your list of positive self love affirmations and choose one to focus on
- Stand in front of a mirror, close your eyes and take a deep breath
- Open your eyes and say your affirmation 3 times
- Now think of what this affirmation means to you in different aspects of your life
- Repeat your positive affirmation another 3 times so you can really let it sink in
- Throughout your day leave reminders of your self love affirmation by writing it in your journal, daily planner or calendar
This practice only takes a few minutes but can make a huge impact on your day and your life.
2. Write Your Own List of Self Love Affirmations
Once you get in the habit of practicing daily affirmations I would love for you to write your own self love affirmations. This will make your affirmations more personal and relevant to your specific needs today.
To write your own affirmations get a good quality journal or notebook and a pen you love to write with.
- Begin by writing down your personal thoughts – good and bad.
- Now circle the negative thoughts and feelings that you need to change into positive thoughts
- Repeat this and circle the positive thoughts (with a different colour pen) that you want to remind yourself of
- Write 2 to 3 affirmations for each thought that you feel will help you focus on a positive outcome
**Scroll down to download your Free Self Love Affirmations PDF Worksheet so you can start creating your own affirmations.**
25 Positive Affirmations of Self Love
25 Positive Affirmations for Self Love. Get them here, plus download the free printable and worksheet to create your own 🖤#affirmations #selflove Click To Tweet
I created a list of positive affirmations that I want you to read, take in and think about when you need a reminder of how worthy you are. Worthy of happiness, appreciation and beautiful experiences.
Practice these affirmations of self love daily to make the biggest impact.
1. I deserve to be appreciated
2. I am strong
3. I can do this
4. I have beautiful qualities to offer this world
5. I am proud of who I am
6. I am beautiful inside and out
7. I am kind
8. I am grateful for the gifts in my life
9. I am enough
10. I am stronger because of my struggles
11. I am attracting positive experiences in my life
12. I am open to new opportunities
13. I deserve respect and loyaltyI deserve respect and loyalty... read more positive self love affirmations here... #selflove #affirmations2020 Click To Tweet
14. I will achieve my goals
15. I am successful
16. I appreciate what I have in life right now
17. I choose to see the positive, even in tough times
18. I embrace change
19. I deserve peace
20. I will stay away from negative forces in life
21. I will follow my heart
22. I am confident
23. I am blessed
24. I am a gift
25. I will look after myself
Click Here to Download Your 25 Self Love Affirmations + a Free PDF Worksheet
Share 3 Self Love Affirmations in the Comments Below
That’s right! I want you to share 3 self love affirmations that speak to you in the comments section of this post. Either choose 3 affirmations from the list above or share a personal self love affirmation of your own.
This is the beginning step to begin practicing daily affirmations.
Go to the comments and see my 3 affirmations that are important to me right now.
Related Self Love and Self Care Articles:
- The Importance of Self Love + 7 Exercises to Love Yourself Today
- How To Love Yourself and Get Rid of Negative Thoughts
- Take Care of Yourself with the Best Self Care Sunday Ideas
- Morning Self Care Routine – New Ideas to Start Your Day
- No Time for Self Care? Try These 3 Tips…
For more inspiration and to get the latest post from Put The Kettle On, let’s connect!
Thanks! I appreciate every single share 🙂