60 Positive Self Worth Quotes To Help You Value Yourself Even More
Need some positive self-worth quotes to help you through a tough time? If yes, I’m so happy you landed here and are looking for ways to look after yourself.
Life can be rough.
There are hurdles and tragedies we experience and this can take us to a dark place at times. In this place, we may not see our value. Our self-worth can be affected and we even get to a point of not knowing ourselves anymore.
Before we get into these inspiring quotes on valuing yourself, I want to remind you that you are worthy, you have worth and you matter.
Valuing yourself is a big deal and means you can know your self-worth and build self-esteem.
What is the difference between self-worth and self-esteem?
Self-worth and self-esteem might sound like the same thing but there are differences that are important to uncover.
Healthyplace.com has an excellent definition of the two which really helps articulate the meaning of each…
“Self-esteem is the manner in which we evaluate ourselves. It is our internal assessment of our qualities and attributes. We have healthy self-esteem when what we think, feel, and believe about ourselves is honest and realistic.”
“Self-worth is the belief that you are loveable and valuable regardless of how you evaluate your traits. In this way, your self-esteem could hit rock bottom, yet you still hold onto the notion that you have innate worth. This is important.”
Understanding the differences between self-esteem and self-worth is important so we can find the right tools to heal.
It’s also important to note that both self-worth and self-esteem are critical to finding a sense of contentment and happiness in our lives.
How can you use these self-worth quotes?
You’re already here reading these self-worth quotes which is a healing exercise in itself. Being here means you are prioritizing self-love and valuing yourself.
Other than reading this article, you can use these positive self-worth quotes in a number of different ways:
- Write a quote in your journal every day and describe what the quote means to you and your circumstances
- Use these self-worth quotes like you would affirmations – repeat them daily and even say them out loud to yourself in front of the mirror
- Turn these inspiring words into social media graphics and share them on your social media
- Write these positive self-worth quotes on post-it notes and stick them on your desk, fridge or anywhere you pass regularly
- Share these beautiful sayings with someone who needs a pick me up and a reminder of how important they are
Inspiring Self-Worth Quotes To Remind You How Important You Are
1. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” – Coco Chanel
2. “Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” – Shannon L. Alder
3. “Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
4. “We cannot think of being acceptable to others until we have first proven acceptable to ourselves.” – Malcolm X
5. “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” – Wayne W. Dyer
“Know your worth. Don’t ask for it. State it once and never accept anything less.”Unknown
7. “You are what you believe yourself to be.” – Paulo Coelho
8. “It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him.” – Abraham Lincoln
9. “Let go of who you think you’re supposed to be; embrace who you are.” – Brené Brown
10. “I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side.” – Maya Angelou
11. “Only make decisions that support your self-image, self-esteem and self-worth.” – Oprah Winfrey
12. “Forgive yourself for accepting less than you deserve. But don’t do it again!” – Unknown
13. “Learn to embrace your own unique beauty, celebrate your unique gifts with confidence. Your imperfections are actually a gift.” – Kerry WashingtonLearn to embrace your own unique beauty, celebrate your unique gifts with confidence. Your imperfections are actually a gift. – Kerry Washington #selfworthquotes #loveyourself Click To Tweet
14. “You are not your mistakes; they are what you did, not who you are.” – Lisa Lieberman – Wang
15. “Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.” – Robert Tew
16. “Know your worth. You must find the courage to leave the table if respect is no longer being served.” – Tene Edwards
17. “You will never be able to escape your heart. So it is better to listen to what it has to say.” – Paulo Coelho
18. “Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you’re worth the trip.” – Glenn Beck
19. “The only one who gets to decide your worth is you.” – Nikki Banas
“Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Fall in love with the path of deep healing. Fall in love with becoming the best version of yourself but with patience, with compassion and respect to your own journey.”– S. McNutt III
21. “When you realize how much you’re worth, You’ll stop giving people discounts.” – Karen Salmansohn
22. “Self-worth is vital to your happiness. If you don’t feel good about you, it’s hard to feel good about anything else.” – Mandy Hale
23. “The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself.” – Anna QuindlenThe thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself. – Anna Quindlen #selfwoth #valueyourself Click To Tweet
24. “Reassure yourself that your journey to self-worth will be the most rewarding experience of your life.” – Jacqueline T. Hill
25. “I forgive myself for having believed for so long, that I was never good enough to have, get and be what I wanted.” – Ceanne DeRohan
26. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone to tell you who you are.” – Beyoncé Knowles
27. “You don’t have to stop fighting for others, you just have to remember to fight for yourself too.” – Liz Newman
Quotes on Valuing Yourself
28. “Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.” – Zig Ziglar
29. “Value yourself enough to choose to be with someone who wants you as much as you want them.” – Unknown
30. “Other people’s opinion of you, whether it’s good or bad, should not be grounds in which you base your self worth. Your value is inherent within you. What matters the most is whether you know you are worthy.” – Ash Alves
31. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” – M. Scott Peek
32. “The world will never value you more than you value yourself.” – Bill MasurThe world will never value you more than you value yourself. – Bill Masur #selflovequotes #selfworth Click To Tweet
33. “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” – Malcolm S. Forbes.
34. “Don’t listen to those lies that come at you as you lay in bed tonight. You are valued. You do have purpose. You are loved. You are wanted.” – Unknown
35. “If you put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price.” – Unknown
36. “To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.” – Sandra Bierig
37. “Once you embrace your value, talents and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.” – Rob Liano
Spiritual Self Worth Quotes
38. “You, yourself, just as much as anyone in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
39. “As a mountain of rock is unshaken by wind, so also, the wise are unperturbed by blame or by praise.” – The Dhammapada
40. “You alone are the judge of your worth and your goal is to discover infinite worth in yourself, no matter what anyone else thinks.” – Deepak Chopra
“With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.”Dalai Lama
42. “A total acceptance of yourself brings about a total transcendence of yourself.” – Adyashanti
43. “Maturity is learning to walk away from people and situations that threaten your peace of mind, self respect, values, morals and self worth.” – Buddha
44. “She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.” – Proverbs 31:25
Self-Worth Quotes on Relationships
An unhealthy relationship 100% affects your self-worth. No matter who the relationship is with, read the below as a little reminder that you are enough.
45. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” – Mark Twain
46. “Before you find your soul mate, you must first discover your soul.” – Charles F. Glassman, MD.
47. “You don’t need someone to complete you. You only need someone to accept you completely.” – UnknownYou don’t need someone to complete you. You only need someone to accept you completely. – Unknown #selfworthquotes #loveyourself Click To Tweet
48. “Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.” – Robert Holden, PhD.
49. “Don’t ever let someone else’s skewed perception undermine your own self worth.” – Unknown
50. “The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself.” – Steve Maraboli
51. “Sometimes you have to forget what you feel, and remember what you deserve.” – Unknown
52. “Make sure you don’t start seeing yourself through the eyes of those who don’t value you. Know your worth even if they don’t.” – Thema Davis
53. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
54. “Never apologize for having high standards. People who really want to be in your life will rise up to meet them.” – Unknown
55. “Sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t.” – Jodi Picoult
56. “When you start to beat yourself up, remind yourself of how worthy you are of love.” – Demi Lovato
“Either they like you or they don’t. Never try to convince somebody of your worth. If a person doesn’t appreciate you, they don’t deserve you. Respect yourself and be with people who truly value you.”Brigitte Nicole
58. “Be vulnerable. Let yourself be deeply seen, love with your whole heart, practice gratitude and joy… be able to say ‘I am thankful to feel this vulnerable because it means I am alive,’ and believe ‘I am enough.’ You are worthy of love and belonging.” – Brene Brown
59. “Just because someone desires you, does not mean that they value you.” – Kushandwizdom
My Personal Favourite Self-Worth Quote
60. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassions, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
Read that again.
You are one of these beautiful people.
Positive Self-Worth Quotes: Final Thoughts
Valuing yourself and finding different ways to build your self-worth will bring you to a place of self-love, joy and fulfillment.
I hope these inspiring self-worth quotes have reminded you to know your worth and if you’re struggling take these wise words with you and hold them close to your heart.
More Self-Love and Self-Worth Resources
- Take the 30-Day Self-Love Challenge
- Love Yourself First: Daily Guided Journal
- The Importance of Self-Love + 7 Self-Love Exercises
- 25 Inspiring Quotes To Give You Strength When You’re Feeling Low
Website Owner / CONTENT CREATOR
I’m passionate about helping you live life to the fullest so you can choose to find happiness and purpose. Learn how to CREATE THE LIFE YOU LOVE with intentional living and discovery of the simple things life has to offer. Learn more…
“We have healthy self-esteem when what we think, feel, and believe about ourselves is honest and realistic.”
Love it ☺️
Thanks for commenting Mary. I love this one too – such wise words!