Need some encouragement to stay strong?
When life gets challenging and you’re feeling low a little motivation can really help. This allows us to push that low, depressed feeling out of the way in order to open ourselves up to feeling good.
One great way I’ve found that heals the mind and soul is uplifting, feel-good quotes. They serve as a little reminder that things will get better and you can get through this.
You can also share these words of encouragement to a friend feeling down, to help lift their spirits.
Read through these inspirational quotes and let me know in the comments the quote that encourages you the most.
20 Inspiring Quotes to Give You Strength When You’re Feeling Low:
20 Quotes to Give You Strength When You're Feeling Low #quotes #happiness Click To Tweet
1. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
2. “I am thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have come across my strength.” – Alex Elle
3. “Never be ashamed of a scar. It means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.” – Unknown
4. “Once you choose hope, anything is possible.” – Christopher Reeve
Once You Choose Hope, Anything is Possible - Christopher Reeve Click To Tweet
5. “Until you’re broken you don’t know what you’re made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever…” – Melissa Molomo
6. “If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” — Fred Rogers
7. “Owning your story is the bravest thing you’ll ever do.” – Brené Brown
Owning your story is the bravest thing you'll ever do. - Brené Brown #quotestoliveby #quoteoftheday #WordsofWisdom Click To Tweet
8. Forgive those who insult you, attack you, belittle you or take you for granted. But more than this… forgive yourself for allowing them to hurt you.” – Unknown
9. “There is a difference between giving up and knowing when you’ve had enough.” – Unknown
10. “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” – Buddha
More Motivational Quotes To Give You Strength
11. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
12. “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
13. “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” – Les Misérables
14. “As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
15. “Respect yourself enough to say ‘I deserve peace’ and walk away from people or things that prevent you from attaining it.” – Jericho Silvers
16. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” – Michael McMillanYou can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one - Michael McMillan Click To Tweet
17. “Every day may not be good, but there is some good in every day.” – Alice Morse Earle
18. “One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you cannot change.” – Unknown
19. “Stop focusing on how stressed you are and remember how blessed you are.” – Unknown
20. “Every experience, no matter how bad it seems, holds within it a blessing of some kind. The goal is to find it.” – Buddha
After reading these I hope you realize just how important you are, how you have inspired so many people and given love that is appreciated by so many.
Remember, YOU ARE ENOUGH and you deserve to live every moment in life to the fullest.
Did one of these quotes help you feel better?
Share your favourite quotes in the comments below…
P.S. I’m going to let you in on a little secret of mine. I deal with depression and anxiety. There, I said it.
I feel I can share this as I know SO many of you out there are also experiencing or have experienced depression and/or anxiety. In many cases they go hand in hand like a couple of friends – of course, these are the friends you DO NOT want in your life.
I am happy to say that I know this is something I have to deal with and therefore I can do everything in my power to conquer depression head-on. This can be through a mindful self care routine, living in the present or giving myself permission to say no.
Even for those who don’t experience depression, we can all have low days from time to time. The days where everything seems hard, where everything seems like more of an effort than it should. Having the strength to move through days like this can be tough and tiresome.
NOTE: If you are having hard days all the time and feel consistently low you could be dealing with depression. If this is the case, please seek help from your family doctor. Also, therapy and potential medication go a long way to helping you get back on your feet again. So, NEVER be ashamed to reach out for professional help.
For more inspiration and to get the latest post from Put The Kettle On, let’s connect!
Related Self Care Articles:
- How to Stay Grounded & Centered in Life: 6 Techniques
- Self Care 101. 9 Ways to Look After YOU
- The Importance of Self Love + 7 Exercises to Love Yourself Today
- 21 Quotes the Alchemist Teaches You about Love and Life
- Take Care of Yourself with the Best Self Care Sunday Ideas
Thanks! I appreciate every single share 🙂