If you’re looking to find ways to be happy in your everyday life these gratitude quotes are a great place to start.
These beautiful wise words will help you see the blessings in your life right now and give you the inspiration to practice gratitude in new ways.
Inspiring Gratitude Quotes You’ll Find Below:
- Gratitude and happiness quotes
- Being thankful quotes and sayings
- Attitude of gratitude quotes
- Grateful for the little things quotes
- Grateful heart quotes
- Plus more thankfulness sayings and quotes to brighten your day
What is the Definition of Gratitude?
As defined in the Oxford English dictionary…
Gratitude is the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
Or as said in the words of Henry Van Dyke…
“Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.”
How To Use These Thankfulness Quotes for Your Gratitude Practice
There are many ways you can practice gratitude, however in this article, we’re going to focus on how you can practice and express gratitude with the help of these inspiring quotes.
- Write a quote down each week in your journal or calendar so you can carefully think about how the gratitude quote relates to your personal experiences.
- Share one of these quotes with a loved one to communicate how grateful you are that they are in your life. You can write a quote in a card, on a post-it or as a text.
- Read a gratitude quote every day or write your own.
- Add your favourite gratitude quote to your daily affirmations.
- Share a gratitude quote with your kids at dinnertime and ask them what they’re grateful for today.
40 Inspiring Gratitude Quotes & Being Thankful Sayings
Gratitude and Happiness Quotes
It’s no secret that practicing gratitude can directly lead to feelings of happiness. Get inspiration to be in control of your happiness by being grateful every day.
1. “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
2. “Shine brightly. See beauty. Speak kindly. Love truly. Give freely. Create joyfully. Live thankfully.” – Mary Davis
3. “It’s not happiness that brings us gratitude. It’s gratitude that brings us happiness.” – Anonymous
4. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. ” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
5. “Gratitude is one of the sweet shortcuts to finding peace of mind and happiness inside.” – Barry Neil Kaufman
6. “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” – Brené Brown
7. “Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy – because we will always want to have something else or something more.” – David Steindl-Rast
Being Thankful Quotes and Sayings
8. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
9. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” – G.K. Chesterton
10. “Learn to be thankful for what you already have, while you pursue all that you want.” – Jim RohnThe roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness. - Dalai Lama #gratitude #grateful Click To Tweet
11. The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.” – Dalai Lama
12. “When every day seems the same, that is because people have stopped noticing the good things that appear in their lives…” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
Attitude of Gratitude Quotes
Having an attitude of gratitude means you are thankful every day and make it a habit to look for the blessings in your daily life.
Try practicing gratitude in your day – every day.
13. “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” – Brian Tracy
14. “There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.” – Ralph H. Blum
15. “We can lift ourselves and others as well when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude.” – Thomas S. Monson
16. “The more you are in a state of gratitude, the more you will attract things to be grateful for.” – Walt Disney
17. “Thank you is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.” – Alice Walker
18. “Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Grateful For The Little Things Quotes
19. “May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition.” – Mahatma GandhiEnjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. - Robert Brault #gratitudequotes #grateful Click To Tweet
20. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault
21. “Never get tired of doing little things for others sometimes those little things occupy the biggest part of their hearts.” – Unknown
22. “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” – Alphonse Karr
23. “When you arise in the morning, this of what a privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
24. “We are all more blind to what we have than to what we have not.” – Audre LordeIf you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more. - Roy T. Bennett #gratitudequotes #attitudeofgratitude Click To Tweet
25. “If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more.” – Roy T. Bennett
26. “This is a wonderful day. I’ve never seen it before.” – Maya Angelou
27. “Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things like the scent of rain, the taste of a favorite food, or the sound of a loved one’s voice.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
28. “Give thanks for a little, and you will find a lot.” – Hausa Proverb
Grateful Heart Quotes
29.”As with all commandments, gratitude is a description of a successful mode of living. The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us.” – James E. Faust
30. “Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
31. “Even in the most peaceful surroundings, the angry heart finds quarrel. Even in the most quarrelsome surroundings, the grateful heart finds peace.” – Doe Zantamata
32.”Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.”
More Thankfulness Sayings and Quotes
33. “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
34. “In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it’s wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.” – Elisabeth Gilbert. Eat, Pray, Love
35. “If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough.”
36. “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.”
37. “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” – Eckhart Tolle
38. “Once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” – Germany KentFeeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. - William Arthur Ward #gratitudequotes Click To Tweet
39. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
40.”Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.” – Zig Ziglar
Gratitude Quotes & Being Thankful Sayings: Conclusion
I hope this like of gratitude quotes, messages, sayings and images will help you remember:
- Gratitude turns what we have into enough
- Always be grateful for what you have
- Thankfulness is the being of true happiness
- Having an attitude of gratitude can change your perception of the world and how you exist within it
What is your favourite Gratitude Quote or Saying?
Share in the comments below!
Related Gratitude Posts and Resources:
- Printable Personal Growth Planner & Journal
- 13 Ways to be Grateful for What You Have
- How to Practice Daily Gratitude
- The Importance of Gratitude & How To Be Grateful in Life
- How to Appreciate the Greatness in Your Life
For more inspiration and to get the latest post from Put The Kettle On, let’s connect!