Cranberry Yogurt Muffins Made Healthy!
My healthy cranberry yogurt muffins are originally from my very first cookbook that I received as a gift when I was 9. The book is simply called Muffins! Through the years I have looked for ways to make the original recipes healthier by adding more fibre and reducing sugar.
This Cranberry Yogurt Muffin is perfect to make for breakfast on the go or for healthy snacks to take to work or school. I eat these fresh for a couple of days and also store them in the freezer so I can grab one on my way to work. Simply healthy and delicious.
Cranberry Yogurt Muffins – Recipe
TEMP: 400 degrees F. TIME: 20-22 mins. MAKES: 12 muffins.
- 1 cup rolled oats (large flake oats)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk (if using non-dairy go with unsweetened and unflavoured)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat or spelt flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cranberries chopped in half (blueberries and great too)
- Soak oats in yogurt.
- Add oil, milk, sugar and egg. Mix well.
- Sift in flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Before stirring, sprinkle cranberries over flour mixture.
- Gently fold ingredients until mixed.
- Fill muffin cups.
Tip! If more moisture is needed add a splash of milk or 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Tell me: What’s Your Go-To Muffin Recipe?
Share in the comments below.
For more inspiration and to get the latest post, let’s connect on social media!
Related Food and Recipe Articles:
- Spiced Chunky Apple Muffins
- Nutritious Raspberry Spinach Smoothie
- Flavours of Fall Spiced Pear Smoothie
- 25+ Healthy Snack Combinations to Curb Your Hunger