You’re off to a BBQ this weekend and they asked if you could bring a salad, but what kind of salad?! You want something easy, fast and delicious, right? Better yet, if you can get a compliment or two on how good your salad is, even better 🙂
Well, let me introduce you to my tried and tested Mexican Bean Salad.
I have made this SO many times and people always ask for the recipe.
The best part is you don’t have to stick to the exact rules of the recipe (as far as the beans go). You can literally make a great salad and clean out a few cans from the pantry as well.
Keep this salad on hand in the fridge for:
- Salad topper – so great to add a little punch to an otherwise boring green salad
- Grab and go lunch – I keep in small tupperware containers, so it’s ready for me
- A quick, healthy snack – yep, beans for a snack is a great alternative and will fill you up
My Simple and Delicious Mexican Bean Salad
This post may contain affiliate links meaning I will get a small commission at no cost to you if you decide to purchase. Thanks for your support! Disclosure here.
- 1 540 ml (19 oz) tin of mixed beans
- 1 398 ml (14 oz) tin of black beans
- 1 398 ml (14 oz) beans of your choice (kidney, cannellini, etc)
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped (my family doesn’t like cilantro so I use flat leaf parsley)
Note: If you don’t have the exact bean quantities – that’s okay, just use what you have on hand. I promise, it will taste great no matter what.
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar (use white wine vinegar if that’s what you have)
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 clove finely chopped or grated garlic (I use my microplane to grate – my fav kitchen tool)
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce
In a large bowl combine beans, red and green peppers and red onion. For the corn, place in a sieve and run under warm water. Let drain before adding to other ingredients.
In a medium size bowl combine all dressing ingredients. Mix well.
Pour over bean mixture. Add chopped cilantro or parsley. Fully mix all ingredients together.
Put in fridge overnight or several hours to let ingredients marry together.
Voila! Simple Mexican Bean Salad that I promise everyone will gobble up.
This is one of those recipes that tastes great on the day you make it, but tastes even better the next day or the day after. So if you have the chance to make the day before you’re eating, it will be even more glorious!
SHOP THIS RECIPE:
PIN NOW! MAKE LATER…