Well, that was fast! 2018 has flown by and I think if we were to all sit back and think about our year we can pat ourselves on the back for learning to love ourselves more, finding happiness in our day and appreciating the gratitude in our lives.
With that said I want to THANK all of my readers for your emails, comments, and regular support. Without you, Put the Kettle On would just be read by my Dad and husband!
Things have been great this year so I wanted to share my most popular posts of the year which also happen to be personal development / self improvement focused. Check them out for yourself if you haven’t had the chance to read yet 🙂
2018 Top 10 Personal Development Posts to Motivate You
1. The Art of Dating Yourself + 10 Self Date Ideas: This is taking self care to the next level with fun activities that are better on your own!
2. Self Care 101. 9 Ways to Look After You: If you’re looking for ways to truly look after yourself, this post is for you.
3. Time Blocking Your Way to a Balanced Life: I use this method every single day to help in my work and personal life. It’s a productivity hack that will really help you save time.
4. Dear Future Mama. A Note to All Women Who Plan to Conceive: As someone who can’t conceive, my hope is to inform all women out there about what to focus on if you do want to have a baby – especially if you are over 30.
5. 3 Ways to Keep the Spark Alive in Your Relationship: This post concentrates on 3 simple ways to be mindful in your relationship every day. Remember it’s the little things that can mean the most.
6. The Struggles of Infertility: 3 TED Talk Videos: 3 women with different circumstances share their stories about their struggles conceiving. These are motivational stories, but you still may need a few tissues handy!
7. 12 Essential Tips to Being a Present Parent: Guest post from Samara at Tinyfry.com. Great mindfulness lessons you can implement today to be the best parent you can.
8. 21 Quotes The Alchemist Teaches You About Love and Life: If you haven’t read The Alchemist, please do. You will love it and connect with it or you won’t, but one thing is for certain, these quote from the book will inspire you in so many ways.
9. How to Live with Infertility. 6 Tips for Healing: I spent a really long time searching for articles online to give advice and support to move past infertility and find ways to be at peace. Since I was never able to find this I wrote my own post on how I am working on finding strength in this hard battle.
10. 20 Quotes to Give You Strength When You’re Feeling Low: Everyone can have hard times once in a while and these quotes will help build your strength back up and give you motivation when you need it most.
It’s important to see what my audience is connecting with – what content gives you inspiration. This helps me decide what to focus on in the new year and also provides me great insight into the goals and challenges of my readers.
When I created Put The Kettle On it was a platform to share some of my goals and challenges, but what it ended up being was a lifesaver for me. Through blogging and connecting with my audience around the world I have been able to:
- Learn how to look after myself more and share what works for me
- Start to heal from my infertility struggles
- Make new friends, many of which I would absolutely have over for a cup of tea (or a bottle of wine) if you were here in Toronto. Just let me know!
- Have a new creative outlet that allows me to write, design and learn new skills
If you’re interested in starting to blog, send me an email and I’d be happy to give you some pointers. You can also check out my Blogging Resources page for info on how to start a blog.
As for 2019, what would you like to see next?
- Would a happiness challenge be interesting for you?
- Are you interested in learning more about marketing your blog and dramatically growing your traffic?
- How about personal stories from strong women who have turned their dreams into action items?
- More fun self date ideas and ways to truly look after yourself?
Tell me in the comments below what you’re struggling with now? Also, how would you like to turn your challenge into a strength in 2019?
For more inspiration and to get the latest post, let’s connect on social media