How exciting. I’ve been nominated for The Blogger Recognition Award!! I’m still a newbie blogger, just finishing 3 months and I have to say, I am so so impressed by the support that the blogging community provides.
To see Marie’s acceptance post for her award nomination, click here.
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
The Blogger Recognition Award is an opportunity for bloggers to connect and recognize one another for their contributions to the blogging world. As part of the nomination, each nominee nominates an additional 15 bloggers for the award. What a great way to increase awareness of all the great bloggers out there 🙂
Why I Started Blogging:
I’ve always looked for new ways to explore creativity and honestly one day I just woke up and thought – why not start a blog?! What was important for me was to use the blog as a platform for positivity and discuss a range of topics that guide myself and my readers on an adventure in wellness and self discovery.
I did start a food blog a few years back, that I didn’t focus on much, but now I’m doing this blogging thing for real and am absolutely loving it. The best part is connecting with like minded bloggers and learning a ton from them. Thank you all!
My Advice to New Bloggers:
WRITE A BUSINESS/BLOG PLAN. It’s important that you have a plan that you are sticking to so it keeps you on track for success. Make sure to refer back to it often, especially in the beginning. Key components to include:
- Overall blog idea. Here’s mine – A women’s lifestyle blog about discovering new things, trying new projects and thinking differently.
- Who are we targeting? You’ll want to have a high level audience in mind. Mine is women ages 29-54. Also include: If the site were a person, what would they be like personality wise? You’ll want to make sure your content reflects this.
- Why is there a need? Why will people care? Think about what’s special or different about your blog? What’s unique?
- Content ideas. Include all types of content that you have a lot of opinions or expertise on. Check out these 5 Idea starters to help you determine what to write about as a new blogger.
- How will the blog generate revenue? Do some research around all the ways to make money blogging. Some key tactics are: on site advertising, affiliate marketing, sponsored posts and ebooks.
GET ON PINTEREST RIGHT AWAY. Setting up a business account on Pinterest is imperative to growing your traffic over the long term. Many bloggers say that Pinterest is their main traffic driver. As a newer blogger I am now seeing the benefits of focusing so much on Pinterest, as it’s the source of over 50% of my traffic today.
In order to make Pinterest work you must have ‘pinnable images’, which is referring to the size and quality of the images in your blog posts. The standard Pinterest sizes are 735 x 1102 pixels and 800 x 2000 pixels. A great way to create these images is to use a free tool like Canva.
I have found so many blogs that I love reading and now I get to nominate them 🙂
Kristen, Shifting Roots
Meg, Your Coach Meg
Corey, The Nostalgia Diaries
Amanda, The Light Owl
Terryn, Just a Simple Home
Juliette, Namastay Traveling
Jenny, This Tiny Blue House
Chelsea, Inspiration Indulgence
Nadalie, It’s All About Boo
Divya, Eat Teach Blog
Sarah, My Frosted Life
Kate, A Hundred Affections
Nicole, The Professional Mom Project
Kristen, A Classy Fashionista
Blogger Recognition Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how/why you started blogging.
- Give two pieces of advice you would give to brand new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog letting them know you have nominated them, giving the link to the post you have created.
Be sure to check out all of the amazing bloggers above. I promise it will be time well spent 🙂