As humans, we strive to be happy all the time, whether that be appreciating what you have in your life today or planning happy moments for the future. The act of setting time aside to really focus on what makes you feel good is imperative to living a good life and appreciating what we do have.
Happiness happens one small moment at a time and it’s up to us to recognize and appreciate happy moments when they are upon us. Sometimes a small action boosts our happiness, which reminds us that happiness is a personal experience.Happiness happens one small moment at a time and it’s up to us to recognize and appreciate happy moments when they are upon us. #happiness #findyourhappiness Click To Tweet
To get you in the happy thinking spirit, here is a thought-provoking TED talk from Robert Waldinger; a professor at Harvard Medical School who is known for his findings from the Grant Study, a 75-year-long study on adult happiness.
*Affiliate link. Disclaimer info here.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD LIFE? LESSONS FROM THE LONGEST STUDY ON HAPPINESS.
Key learnings from this Happiness study (quoted):
Good relationships keep us happier and healthier
Social connections are good for us. Those who are more socially connected are happier, physically healthier and live longer.
Quality not quantity
It’s not the number of friends you have or whether you’re in a committed relationship, but it’s the quality of your close relationships.
Living in conflict is really bad for our health and the people who were most satisfied with their relationships at age 50 were also the healthiest at age 80!
Leaning into relationships is good for you
Watch the video above for a lot more insight.
The act of setting time aside to really focus on what makes you feel good is imperative to living a good life and appreciating what you have. #happiness #findyourhappiness Click To Tweet
Now, let’s make happiness work for you…
20 WAYS TO FIND YOUR HAPPINESS, one small moment at a time.
1. Go on a date with your best friend
2. Take a long walk to a new place
3. Listen to your favourite song
4. Visit your neighbour
5. Pick flowers
6. Have a bath
7. Cook with someone you love
8. Relax and drink tea
9. Talk to someone you don’t know
10. Stretch for 5 minutes
11. Plant some flowers
12. Make a healthy smoothie
13. Read poetry
14. Help someone in need
15. Meditate or pray
16. Dance to an amazing song
18. Write a postcard and mail it
19. Sign up to a local program
20. Tell someone you love them
- What will you do to focus on your happiness this month and this year?
- What small moments in your life make you happy?
- How can you think differently about the little things to appreciate them in a new light?
Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you!
Related articles on happiness and positive living:
- Free Printable Mood Trackers
- Happiness Advice from the Kids in Our Life
- Today is a Good Day! 15 Inspiring Quotes to Live in the Present
- 99 Simple Pleasures in Life To Fill You with Joy
- 13 Ways to be Grateful for What You Have
- The Ultimate Happy Playlist to Make You Smile
For more inspiration and to get the latest post from Put The Kettle On, let’s connect!
Thanks! I appreciate every single share