Healthy eating can be difficult when you’re not organized. It can also be difficult if you don’t eat healthy snacks. Keeping your stomach fueled with clean, nutrient-rich foods will not only help keep you on track with a healthy eating plan, it will also keep you in a good mood and provide the energy you need to get through the day.
I have to admit, I have been indulging in too many sweets lately… saying yes to everything (chocolate, desserts, white bread, baked goods, etc). My body has had enough and is literally screaming to get back into a healthy food plan! So, the best way for me to do this is to commit to eating well.Sticking with clean, nutrient-rich foods will keep you on track with a healthy eating plan, plus put you in a good mood and provide energy to get you through the day. #cleaneating #healthysnacks Click To Tweet
How do I commit to eating healthy? For me, it’s all about planning. Shopping smart and making sure I have the right foods prepped and ready to go in the fridge. I personally need to eat little and often, so having the right snack options is extremely important to be successful in my healthy eating plan.
*Note! If you are starting a healthy eating plan after overindulging in too much sugar for a while, expect the first few days and up to a week to be a little bit more challenging while your body gets rid of the sugar.
TIP: If I feel a sugar craving coming on I opt-in for a tea instead (no sugar of course). If I’m just starting my healthy eating plan I tend to drink a little more black tea in the beginning (as a crutch, since I love it so much), but once I am on track I swap the black tea out with strongly flavoured herbal teas or green tea. Figure out what your healthy alternative ‘crutch’ is.
Here are my go-to healthy snack combinations that help curb hunger, to get you to your next meal… (without thinking about chocolate)!
25+ Healthy Snack Combinations to Curb Your Hunger
- Cottage cheese and fruit
- Healthy Smoothie. Try these recipes: Spiced Pear Smoothie and Raspberry Spinach Smoothie
- Greek Yogurt & berries
- Homemade applesauce topped with Greek yoghurt. Sprinkle slivered almonds and cinnamon on top
- Sliced apple & cheddar cheese
- Wasa Fibre Crispbread with laughing cow cheese spread on top
- Celery sticks spread with almond butter or laughing cow cheese
- Sliced apple with 1 tbsp almond butter on the side. Sprinkle cinnamon on apple for a kick!
- Veggies & hummus
- Bean salad – make ahead and keep in the fridge in small containers so they are easy to grab and go.
- Roasted chickpeas
- Edamame with a little sea salt. Go with organic if you can as regular soybeans are GMO.
- Healthy Muffin – Try these recipes: Cranberry Yogurt Muffins and Spiced Chunky Apple Muffins
- Boiled Egg and clementine or orange
- Piece of fruit & 12-14 almonds (1/2 grapefruit, pear, apple, orange, etc)
- Banana and green tea
- Whole wheat rice cakes (or Wasa Fibre crisps) spread with hummus + add cucumber and black pepper on top.
- Chopped cucumber, red pepper and feta cheese – drizzle olive oil, balsamic and crack black pepper on top.
- Whole grain toast with sliced avocados & tomatoes + salt and pepper.
- Dill pickles and a couple slices of cheese
- Babybel cheese and a piece of fruit
- Cubed watermelon and feta cheese
- 2-3 pieces of sliced turkey with sliced carrots and hummus
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese and sliced strawberries
- Can of tuna with black pepper and sea salt + chopped cucumber. Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil.
- Coconut water and handful of nuts (cashews, almonds, pistachios)
Tell me… What would you add to this list? What healthy snacks do you enjoy?
Enjoyed this post? Please share!25+ Healthy Snack Ideas to curb your appetite. #healthysnacks #cleaneating Click To Tweet