Learn How To Appreciate the Greatness in Your Life. 2 Habits to Start Today! Click To Tweet
Do you often find yourself wondering when you’re going to get a break, when you’re going to finally have some luck in life or when things might get that little bit easier for you?
If you’re anything like me, you may be quietly asking yourself these questions from time to time.
- Why can’t I make enough money to (enter goal here)?
- How come others seem to have it all together?
- Why don’t people appreciate what they have when I can only dream of it?
- How come I struggle with finding balance?
- Will I ever be noticed for my true strengths?
- Why do others have more luck than me?
- What do I need to do to have people appreciate me?
- How will I find true happiness?
- When will I seriously get a break?!
These questions are different for everyone, but they are the same for everyone too. They have the same theme: WHEN IS IT MY TURN??!
Here’s a little something I have learned and I constantly work on to remember.
IT HAS BEEN YOUR TURN! You have been blessed with wonderful, life-changing experiences. You DO have things in your life to appreciate and be eternally thankful for.
As we move forward into a new year, I encourage you to take on two new habits:
1. Take note of all the things in your life you are grateful for… and find a way to truly appreciate them.
- Write down what you appreciate and make categories for each (Home, Work, Health, Friendship, etc).
- Think broad… why are you lucky to live where you live (your city/country)? What opportunities do you have in life because of where you live?
- STOP comparing yourself to others. You are unique. There is no one out there who loves like you, laughs like you and thinks the way you do.
- When thinking of what you have in life that is beautiful – remember that what you are grateful for comes in all shapes and sizes.
- Think about and appreciate the simple things around you… the clean air, the freedom to express yourself, having access to books, parks and kind people.
- Take note of the hard work you have put into achieving a goal. Whether you reached your goal or not, what did you learn from working on it? How has this made you grow and changed you for the better?
2. Think of those around you.
Are there people you know who don’t have what you have? Do they work hard, dream and pray to achieve something you might take for granted?
I would say the answer is yes. Yes, you have things others can only dream of. So, what to do about it? Sit back and truly understand that what you have is important… unique… special.
Also, realize that when others are going through tough times, understanding how blessed you are will help you be a better friend, colleague or neighbour to those who are still planning and dreaming to achieve what you have today.Understanding how blessed you are will help you be a better friend, colleague and neighbour. Click To Tweet
If you need a little extra help finding what you are grateful for I highly recommend:
The 52 Lists Project, A Year of Weekly Journaling Inspiration
This beautiful journal is broken out into the seasons of the year and gives you specific writing prompts designed to get you to focus on all the good stuff in your life. This makes the perfect gift for yourself as you plan a great year set up with intention and purpose. You can snag a copy here*.
*Affiliate link. See disclosure here.
I’d also love to hear from you. How do you appreciate the greatness in your life? Share in the comments below…
Thanks for stopping by!
YOU MAKE ALSO LIKE:
Like What You See? Please Share!This Year Discover How To Appreciate the Greatness In Your Life. Here's 2 Habits to Start Today! Click To Tweet