I’m a lover of Pinterest and lately there have been a ton of recipes using turmeric. Turmeric is something I love and use on a regular basis in my recipes, but never in drinks. A friend of mine recently recommended I make ‘Golden milk’ tea, which aids in reducing inflammation. I have bad knees so I definitely wanted to give it a try.
That night I found multiple recipes for Golden Milk Tea (key ingredient is turmeric) and I came up with my own version. Since then I’ve been drinking this golden milk concoction multiple times a week before bed. It’s oh so good and actually helps me fall asleep. It’s the ultimate comfort drink.
What’s the “Golden Milk” Tea Hype all about anyway?!
- CURCUMIN: One of the most active ingredients in turmeric has been found to promote health and protect against a wide variety of health conditions, such as lowering inflammation, blood sugar levels and it is also said to have potent anti-cancer properties (destroying cancer cells and promoting healthy cell function).
- THE TASTE: The flavour is absolutely delicious and is a healthy alternative to hot chocolate or caffeine
- MANY OTHER HEALTHY BENEFITS: Golden Milk Turmeric Tea reduces bad cholesterol, eases symptoms of cough and colds, detoxes the body, protects liver tissue, plus helps with pain and arthritis.
Makes 1 serving
- 1 cup coconut milk (almond and cashew nut milk also works great)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper (helps your body absorb the curcumin)
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
Get your spices ready. I like to put them all on a small dish at once before combining with the coconut milk.
Put all ingredients in a pot and simmer on medium-low for 10 minutes until spices are combined with milk.
Pour into your favourite mug. Sprinkle a little more cinnamon on top if you wish.
Find a cozy place. Sit back and enjoy 🙂
DON’T FORGET IT! PIN IT…