My healthy cranberry yogurt muffins are originally from my very first cook book that I received as a gift when I was 9. The book is simply called Muffins! Through the years I have looked for ways to make the original recipes healthier by adding more fiber and reducing sugar.
This Cranberry Yogurt Muffin is perfect to make for breakfast on the go or for healthy snacks to take to work or school. I eat these fresh for a couple days and also store them in the freezer so I can grab one on my way to work. Simply healthy and delicious.
TEMP: 400 degrees F. TIME: 20-22 mins. MAKES: 12 muffins.
- 1 cup rolled oats (large flake oats)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk (if using non-dairy go with unsweetened and unflavoured)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat or spelt flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cranberries chopped in half (blueberries and great too)
- Soak oats in yogurt.
- Add oil, milk, sugar and egg. Mix well.
- Sift in flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Before stirring, sprinkle cranberries over flour mixture.
- Gently fold ingredients until mixed.
- Fill muffin cups.
Tip! If more moisture is needed add a splash of milk or 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
PIN NOW, MAKE LATER!